Sunday, September 02, 2007

My Christmas


Christmas Around the World Swap questionnaire

1. Are you religious? Nope. I'm not Christian - I'm an ethnic Jew but not a religious one.
3. Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting? Spinning, photography, movies, reading, science, history, travelling.
6. Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? Nope
8. Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? Tea, please!
9. Cookies or Sweets? Yes! But in small quantities, please.
10. Do you knit socks? oh yes!
12. Do you put up a Christmas tree? Yes! We have a big fake one.
13. Favorite holiday treats? Anything, but again, small quantities please.
14. Favorite holiday smells? Cloves, gingerbread.
15. Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Surprisingly conventional. To me Xmas is a party with family, prezzies and snow.
16. What are your favorite holiday traditions? Decorating, music. New tradition: Matt got a bunch of mini village buildings last January on sale. That should be fun to set up!
17. Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....” Finding / making the perfect prezzie for someone I love.
18. If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….? A handknit sock with a snowflake on it.
19. What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given? My belated honeymoon with Matt in Scotland and England. On Christmas day we toured Windsor, Bath, Stonehenge, and had a traditional dinner in an old inn, The George. The entire trip was simply heaven. I had horrible food poisoning for 2 days and it was still the best 2 weeks of my life.
20. When do you start your Christmas? After Thanksgiving.
21. Do you send Christmas cards? No. I always feel guilty when I get them... Maybe some year I'll start.
22. What is your favorite Christmas dish? Gingerbread!
23. Carolers are at your door. What do you do? Enjoy a song or two, then shoo them off. Unless they actually can sing, in which case I'll happily ply them with lemon & honey-laced hot tea to keep them going.
24. When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning? One on the Eve, the rest on the morning.
25. Do you celebrate with family or friends or both? Depends year to year.

Note: click on the swaps label below to see the answers to other questions. Questions that have already been answered are deleted.

1 comment:

Knittymuggins said...

Thanks so much for sharing Sharon! Your belated honeymoon sounds like a fantastic gift and I'm certainly jealous of such a lovely sounding trip (minus the food poisoining - sorry about that!) :) Hope you're enjoying the swap so far and thanks for filling out your questionnaire!