Thursday, July 05, 2007

No Sheep For Me!



I love Secret Pal Swaps, and the No Sheep For You book / blog / swap has been a great way to expand my fiber horizons. I get into engineering special little packages to suit my target, and I adore (of course) the prezzies in the mail. It's always interesting seeing how others see me when they assemble the surprises, too. Today is no exception. It's not the first time I've wanted to send stuff UPSTREAM, too, but WOW... I really hit the jackpot with this one! I knew I was going to like her because she was teasing me relentlessly with emails. She really drew out the suspense, mailing on the last day of the month!

Check out the mountain of cheerfully wrapped goodies... and what the mountain yielded when mined. Lindt truffles, Harry & David Moose Munch, Jelly Bellys, Lantern Moon circulars (I actually said "Oh my GOD!" out loud), a funny cat book, a kitty bookmark (doubly apropos because I'm riding high on the wave of paperbackswap.com), knitty stickies, a cute card... and...(drum roll)... 2 skeins in lush Caribbean blue cotton, and 2 soy silk in a rich purple that refused to photograph well.

Holy Cow. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Also - here is the silk spun up as a 4 ply. Each single was basically thread. It's now worsted weight. I have 107 yds, plus 37yds of Navajo plied single that I had left over. Project ideas, anyone?

2 comments:

PRTZL said...

*sailing through the room*

I like blue.


*sailing back again*

I like purple.


:)

Susan said...

What a pretty swap package. You have a great pal for sure.

Knitters-Delight