Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Spin-Out 2007





What a day! Perfect weather, friendly people, knitting, wheeling, and spindling everywhere. Check out the adorable tiny Peacock (smaller than it looks - I got some forced perspective on that shot) and Hitchhiker wheels (click to see details of cut-out hitchhiking hand and the foot pedal). I didn't notice until I was processing these pics, but it looks like there was some serious racial self-segregating going on. Hopefully next year we can mix it up better.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who was self-segregating? The white people? ;-)

Sharon Rose said...

I was there early, and it was mostly white folks, some Asian. The black people who showed up later wound up off to the left (3rd pic down). Hopefully it was just an accident of timing.

SparkCrafted said...

neat-o! i love the spindler on the cell phone in that group shot. :-)

maybe next year i'll get my poop in a group and go, too!

Dorothy said...

It looks like such a beautiful day!

Anonymous said...

Interesting how when white people all sit together, it's nothing. But when none-white's sit together, it's something different.
If I hadn't have read your comment about the third picture, I would have never thought anything other than people sitting on a bench, and I am a person of color. Is this one of those, "If you would have been there, you'd understand." things?

Sharon Rose said...

I'm sorry if I offended you. I didn't particularly think of *which* group sat down separately - as I said, I just noticed when downloading the pics that there was one of white folks and one of "colorful" folks. I can't make any analysis beyond that.