Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Meat-eating bunny

You guys know that my Blackberry is far from a shrinking violet - she bosses everyone around and is Alpha through and through. She even eats cat food.

Yesterday we ran out of kibble. Being plagued with horrendous microbes, I didn't feel like going out. So I gave them (3 cats and the bun) a can of tuna.

Hoe. Lee. COW!!

That evil rabbit, having had a taste of meat, is now chasing the cats all over the house! We are talking about a 4lb ball of fluff attacking a Maine Coon, a Bengal, and a fat black beastie.

I know you're gonna ask: Blackberry has NO digestive problems with the cat food. Nor has tuna bothered her in the past. Greens give her instant poopy-butt, as do the higher-carb hays. Currently all she eats is unlimited oat grasses and, yes cat food. She gets tons of exercise, her weight is good, she is shiny and happy does binkies and flops.

My life is so weird.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have your very own attack bunny. If an intruder gets into the house, just toss some tuna on them and watch Blackberry terrorize them into leaving.

teabird said...

You are giving me some ideas... I could feed some meat to my wild bunnies and point them at my crazy neighbor...

Jenny said...

Wow, that is weird! I wonder if the cats will acquire a taste for bunny food.

Sharon Rose said...

They have! They already eat her hay. Back when she was getting greens, they would fight ever the kale, too. They copy her body language. The two older boys didn't know they could talk for about 6 months, until one accidentally meowed. Then they started experimenting, but they are still quieter than most cats. Not Figgy, though, that talkative Coon Cat gene is all powerful!

roxy =^o^= said...

bunnnnnnnnnny

woohoo talk about your Halloween surprises LOL

MBT said...

I love it! I think we need a video post of the bunny chasing the cats...