Monday, March 10, 2008

Good News / Bad News

YAY: I've found my way out of the Horse Latitudes! The two-handed mosaic knitting acted like a jet engine. I'm cranking along on this hat - it's AWESOME - and planning a secret surprise for my Grandpa's 85th birthday. Hey Roxy - that stitchmarker look familiar?

NOOOOO: Our "reliable" car, Gromit the Jetta, lost it yesterday. I had to walk home 3.2 miles in the cold. We're awaiting the final judgement, but estimate about $2K for a new tranny. Meanwhile, the three of us are dependent on Preston.

So I'm stuck at home (had to cancel another day of appointments) but at least I'm having fun. Girlie is sick, so calling in to work was actually a good idea for her. She's been sleeping for two days straight. Ha! I'm finally gonna catch up in the FO category!

ETA: Rebuilt transmission actually cost $3500, including a new clutch plate.

No comments: