Saturday, March 01, 2008
Playing catch-up: Here are two of my recent projects. I'm not quite decided on the beaded beret. I didn't use a pattern, just made it up as I went, and the drape / fit don't thrill me. Opinions and suggestions welcome! The yarn is Tilli Thomas.
Girlie made me the lovely rose by bending some sterling silver wire around a crochet hook. Her talents never cease to amaze me. I'll use it as a closure pin for the mohair sweater I'm working on now.
The silk yarn didn't photograph true to color, but it's a rich deep purple and teal silk. 1 oz, 240 yds of teeny navajo ply. I didn't think I was going to like it as I spun the singles (lots of slubs in the hankies) but plied it's super soft and has a great sheen. It'll make a gorgeous shawl. I keep recalculating the yardage... somehow it seems like it should be a lot more. Hmm.