Friday, July 04, 2008

Rescue Bun aka What's Hop, Doc?

ETA: She's litterbox trained!
This rabbit needed rescue - what could I do? She's a 4 year old spayed female, very healthy and happy at first blush. She desperately needs a trim - most of that fluff is matted - but I think she'll be just fine.
Her name was Madeline, which we need to change because we already have one (Matt's older daughter). Since we acquired her on the 4th, in Philly, I'm thinking something Revolution-oriented. Betsy is too obvious. Suggestions? At the mo, leaders are Abigail (for Mrs. Adams) or Philly's own Esther Reed. She organized a group of shirt-making women to clothe freezing soldiers. Plus then we'd have an Esther Bunny (ha ha).

By the way - This rescue was intended as a FOSTER - so if you can take her or know someone who can, please do so before I fall too far in love. We probably don't need 5 pets.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw what a cutie. I was just watching "John Adams" on HBO so there is always Abigail. :-)

Have a happy 4th!

Anonymous said...

Or maybe...
Molly

XXOO

Carol said...

I suggest naming her Rinker:

In Philadelphia, “Mom” Rinker was a tavern keeper whose work put her in the company of British soldiers. She was also a spy. Rinker often spent her days in a town park where she sat up on a high rock, knitting copious numbers of garments. As she knit, she concealed messages in balls of yarn and then dropped them to American couriers below.

I linked your Rav post to my pal who lerves bunnies...

Anonymous said...

Too cute - is she an angora? Hope you are having a happy 4th!

Judy said...

Awww.....you know you want her!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a cutie! Please tell me you're so in love that you now can't bear to part w/ her. Carol linked me in to this. I already have 10 angoras...Actually, off to talk to Carol, methinks Charcoal may need some bunnylove... (but I'll keep checking back until somebody caves- even if its me)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Rinker is def a cool name!

Anonymous said...

Pet? That's Fiber on the Hoof!

TheSoundofSnow said...

I may just die from the cute.

Good thing you don't live closer considering you are looking for a permanent home for her.

I am sure we don't need 11 pets.